My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

3/23/2007

Happy Feet

I got some happy feet, because I got the new "More Sensational Knitted Socks" Book! I went yesterday to a fancy LYS near where I work. I always feel like kind of an outsider when I go in there. I try and tell myself it is just me. So I went up to where a rather intimidting group sat knitting around the table, and asked for "More."

I was told it hasn't been released yet, and they tried to persuade me I should buy Favorite Socks from Interweave. Yes, I agree that is a lovely sock book, one I wouldn't mind owning if 1) The price weren't quite so high 2) I had more experience to knit those tricky patterns and 3) if I were, in fact, shopping for "Favorite Socks" instead of "More."

I know "More" had been released, because I've read other blogs of people who have purchased it. So I called around, and Windsdor Button had it in stock. I only saw the one book on the shelves, so I'd call ahead if you want to scoop it up, too. Some sock yarn snuck into my bag, too. Shocking!

My book is over at Kinkos right now, waiting to be spiral bound. I should be able to pick it up in an hour. So excited!

No comments:

Blog Archive