My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

5/12/2008

First Sock Casualty

I am mourning the loss of one sock. He didn't make it back from laundry day. I've searched all over for him, but I think I just have to accept the truth: he's not coming home. Poor sockie. He will be so missed. His mate is in seclusion. Not in the sock drawer; that would be cruel, with all the other couples there, trying to be comforting, but really just making lone sock feel worse. No, the lone sock is hiding out in the underwear drawer, still desperately hoping that, against all odds, they might one day be reunited.

So sad. Every handknit sock is my favorite pair, but I really did wear these all the time, they had lots of life left in them, since it was Opal yarn, and, and sniffle. I just want my sock back.

No comments:

Blog Archive