My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

8/21/2009

Artist Trading Cards -- and some yarn

I've got three of my growing collection of ATC's to show you today. These are a few of my favorite ones, so I'm afraid that they are not for trade, at least not at this time.



I've been a bit reluctant to trade my ATC's. I have had bad experiences with swaps in the past. Some have been just fine, but I feel like I've been shorted on some others.

But I mailed out my very first swap today, and the lady I'm trading with seems nice. So I have hope it will go well. I've also signed up to do a swap in September, through a group. I'm hoping that the power of the group will help ensure that things go smoothly, and I'm only doing a one to one trade. This particular group allows you to choose how many you want to make/ receive.



I'm thinking that I may need to make a small album to hold the ATC's I receive in trades. I'm still giving it some thought; I need some more inspiration and research.

My favorite one is, of course, the one with the bear. He's a sticker I got with one of my cross-stitch magazine; I think its Popcorn Bear.



The only rule for ATC's is that they have to be 3 1/2" by 2 1/2". As you can see, I do collage images, because I can't really draw. I did one halloween themed one that I drew, but it didn't turn out very well.

And finally, here is the yarn I was talking about yesterday. One ply of solid pink merino, two of multi-pink merino/ tencel. My wheel plying is something I need more practice on: this batch has places of over and under plied. I think in the sock it will be fine.



I've got a stack of gift knitting to get through before I have a chance to knit for myself, however. That seems to be the story more and more lately. They are all very knit-worthy, however, so I shall keep on! I got some great yarn for myself when I was up in Portland a couple of weekends ago.

No comments:

Blog Archive