My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

5/01/2007

Family Illness

My dad called me yesterday to let me know that my grandmother is in the hospital with heart trouble. On top of that, my mom has shingles. I don't really know anything about it, except what I've googled today. I'm too far away to do anything but worry. I suppose there isn't really much that I could do if I were right there, either, but I feel like it would be different, somehow.

I went to snuggle with Milo yesterday evening, because cat fur is supposed to make everything better. I don't know why or how I startled him, but just as I bent down to scoop him up, he jerked up and backwards, bashing the back of his head right into my nose. It still smarts today. He probably still has a headache.

No comments:

Blog Archive